Banffshire AB38 9LR
+44 1340 871 315
Creation daten: 1967
The distillery has been founded in 1967 by the Mackinlay McPherson Ltd. The company was part or the Scottish Newcastle Breweries Ltd. in those days.
The distillery was designed by the architect William Delmé Evans, who also built Tullibardine and Isle of Jura. Evans died on 6 october 2003, aged 83.
The Scottish Newcastle Breweries sold the Glenallachie in 1985 and it became part of the Invergordon Distillers Group, together with Isle of Jura. It closed the same year and reopened when it became ownership of its current owner who doubled the production capacity by adjunction of two stills.
100% of the production is made for the blending industry, and specially for Clan Campbell. It is very rare to find whisky from this distillery as single malt.