Stirlingshire G63 9LB
+44 1360 550 254
Owner: Ian MacLeod
Creation year 1833
The Glengoyne distillery is situated on the Highland Line, symbolic border separating the Highlands and the Lowlands.
Originally founded under the name Burnfoot Distillery (or "Burnfood of Dumgoyne"), then known as Glen Guin Distillery when it became property of Lang Brothers, it has been renamed in Glengoyne Distillery in 1905.
Due to lack of place, the distillery stopped using its own malting floors as soon as 1910.
It has been rebuild and modernised in 1966. The distillery who belonged to Lang Brothers since 1876 came under control of the Edrington group in the 1960's.
Lang Brothers has been purchased by Ian McLeod, famous independent bottler in 2003.
About 20% of the production are marketed as single malt, the remaining part being used in the blends Lang Supreme and Lang Select.