Ross & Cromarty, Highland IV18 0HP
Owner: Whyte and MacKay
Creation year: 1959
The Invergordon grain distillery is settled on the Eastern coast of Northern Highlands and has been created in 1959, belonging to Invergordon Distillers Ldt, which would become part of the Whyte & MacKay group some years later.
First spirit was distillen in 1961, in the only Coffey Still installed at the distillery in those days. Two addidtional Coffey stills were added in 1963 and a fourth one, for production of neutral spirit was added in 1978.
The Ben Wyvis distillery was settled on the same ground.
Annual production of the distillery is about 40 million liters.