00524463_1300_158.jpg

Glenugie


Glenugie distillery
Peterhead

Owner: Long John (Whitbread) (when demolished)

Creation year: 1830


The distillery was founded in 1830 and the production started in 1837.
In 1873, the distillery has been turned into a brewery, and it has been closed between 1925 and 1937.
The distillery has been reopened in 1937 by Seagar Evans & Co, before being bought by Long John International in 1970. Long John was absorbed by Whitbread in 1975. A few years later, Whitbread ceased its distillers activities, and the distillery has been dismantled in 1983..




JM187105_1300_158.jpg