Un autre problème de bouchon

Venez ici pour discuter de whisky et de distilleries, mais aussi de la distribution de celui-ci. Où achetez-vous votre whisky: caviste, grande surface, etc...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

firosiro

Un autre problème de bouchon

Message non lu par firosiro »

Snow came softly for the Colorado high country. The storm have been creating inside the peaks after we had pitched camp the last evening. Now, the start light was filtering in through snow clinging for the tent walls and how to choose a good sleeping bag.

Without departing heat of his mummy sleeping bag, Patrick Cruz thrilled the little wood stove. I put water within the canteen I'd stored within the ft of my sleeping bag (to keep it from freezing). A few momemts later, i had been enjoying fresh coffee and granola bars--breakfast during intercourse. Whenever we finished, the tent was warm therefore we hopped from your bags to brighten in comfort.

The storm had blown past, departing 18 inches of fluff covering yesterday's bare ground. Paradise will be a brilliant blue, windless, while using temperature hovering inside the low 20s after we left to look. Trying to cover more ground, we headed in a variety of directions. This search was serious. Without meat, tonight's dinner is a pretty harsh affair of vegetarian dishes.

Conditions were perfect. The snow muffled my actions and clearly shown the tracks of each creature continuing to move forward that sunny morning. Rodents, red squirrels and elk had all been up adding to since the snow had fallen.

I'd gone of a mile transporting out a little brook, once i found the tracks I used to be trying to find. Huge inside the soft snow and undeniably fresh, the prints came toward a brighten thicket around the small flat inside the otherwise vertical landscape.

I broke the knowledge in my Thompson/Center Contender enough to look for the gleam of brass inside the chamber. Then I checked the firing pin selector to make sure it was subsequently off rimfire and also on centerfire. I didn't want any foolish errors to set me back supper.

Everything set, I eased along, eyes probing ahead, every so often using my long distance scopes to select apart the comb screen. Out of the blue, I caught the flicker from the black ear tip inside the thicket. The ear was swiveling like radar, the master worried about any appear or movement. Then I saw the interest, large and black, searching straight at me.

After I thumbed back the hammer and elevated the Contender, my quarry burst in the hiding place. Damn, I believed, I desired a sitting shot. Pivoting within the waist to swing while using moving target, I arranged the iron sights and touched the trigger since the snowshoe jumped by having an opening. No. 5 shot inside the three-inch .410 load caught the fleeing hare in midbound. Supper tumbled to the snow and lay still.

In some manner, I understood Patrick had heard the shot and understood I'd scored. And I Also understood he was smiling, too. Hare fajitas tonight!

For most of us, small-game hunting is a lot more a task when compared to a passion. It's something you must do where you live, within your spare time.

Nevertheless the snowshoe hare isn't ordinary small game. It resides in most likely probably the most rugged and lots of isolated--and wonderful--countryside in the world. Within the civilized world, the snowshoe shares its habitat with elk, mule deer and mountain lions. Inside the East, you'll frequently uncover the snowshoe inside the same spots you'd choose a big whitetail buck or possibly a black bear. I traveled 2,000 miles to look snowshoe hares inside the Colorado Rockies. As well as the adventure was similar to the majority of the best big-game hunts I've taken.

Both Patrick and i also are experienced winter mountaineers and backpackers, and then we did not have qualms about heading to the high country in the finish of September with snow inside the forecast. Besides, we'd topnotch equipment that individuals understood we are in a position to depend on. We'd plenty of carb-laden food to remain going. But no meat. Nature provides that, or we'd go without.

For firearms, we each transported T/C Contender handguns. Because this was September and marmots continued to be as out, Patrick transported a scoped .357 Magnum barrel, they could load with whether hollowpoint bullet for marmots or possibly a go load for hares. I'd b .45/.410 barrel for hares, plus a .223 Remington barrel getting a 4X scope for marmots. Any marmot that we saw within 100 yards is at deep trouble, and people that we saw within 200 yards had every to worry. Marmots, like Eastern woodchucks, are wonderful eating.

We'd unlikely to make use of whatever game round the walk-in, therefore we didn't. Even though we'd wanted to start hunting after creating camp, we have had a late start and were eventually caught by darkness plus a heavy drizzle once we continued to be as some miles missing where we seriously considered. We'd no choice but to just pitch camp on the greater level place we found.

The very next day, we did some serious hunting, with little luck. We're able to not seem to locate any hares, as well as the one marmot that individuals did encounter dove into its hole before we are able to acquire a shot. Fortunately, just a little beaver pond inside an down field was full of beautiful 10-inch brook trout, and i also just happened to experience a four-piece flyfishing fishing rod inside my pack plus a fishing license inside my pocket. We laid in the twomeal protein supply before moving camp with a better hunting area.

That night it snowed, ending our marmot hunting, but enabling us to follow the snowshoes. Because the hares hadn't yet altered to winter white-colored-colored, they were not so difficult to put. Possibly this is why the snowshoe described in the start of the story am quick to secure.

Later that morning, hunting back toward camp, I heard Patrick's .357 crack, and came to understand him analyzing hare tracks as well as the pattern created by his shot load inside the snow. "I'd the crosshairs on him once i shot," he mentioned, "as well as the pattern is suitable round the track, however do not see any symbol of successful.In .

We made a decision to utilize a vintage hare hunting tactic. Patrick would live there where he'd hopped the snowshoe. I'd make track. Essentially couldn't get yourself a shot, buy a sleeping bag the hare would most likely circle back near Patrick. Snowshoes usually run in circles, having a quick-moving hound pushing them, individuals circles can be very large indeed. Though a pokey-moving hunter poking along inside it, they'll rarely leave familiar ground, rarely circling more than a number of hundred yards. The primary one exception with this circling rule occurs through the late-winter mating season, when buck hares will travel to date essential to obtain the organization of stay-at-home does. Jump money who's round the prowl, and he'll likely mind straight for home, which may be miles away.

However, this was September, too early for mating season, therefore we determined our tactic would put this hare who're holding cards. I'd adopted the tracks no more than 75 yards after they disappeared in to a heavy brighten thicket. Circling the thicket, I came across no tracks released. I referred to as Patrick over, and the man stationed themselves inside an opening where he could cover the exit when i crawled to the thicket round the track. Inside, I came across the hare, dead. Patrick's shot had connected. Much like big game, it's good to follow along with-up every shot on hares, while you don't find symbol of successful.

For a lot of more days, since the early snow melted inside the strong mountain sunshine, Patrick and i also roamed the top country. Our primary goal was shooting enough hares for your pot every single day. All individuals other time we spent exploring, following elk and mule deer tracks only to see where they went, throughly enjoying out in time the top hills. It had been hunting at its best, all fun, no pressure. It absolutely was during our shirt-sleeve nights inside the tent with the warm wood stove that individuals made plans for the following hare hunting adventure.

Now, it absolutely was Patrick who grew to become part of me inside my home territory, the White-colored-colored Hills of northern Nh. Around were buddies Jim Henry and Bob Bruce.

Furthermore to hunting hares for your pot, we wanted to inside a couple of of many coyotes that have invaded northern Nh lately. I used to be transporting the identical two barrels within my Contender, the .410 for hares, the .223 for coyotes. Patrick introduced along b .221 Fire Ball barrel (that the organization forget about manufacturers) getting b .22 rimfire insert for his Contender, giving him a range of shooting hares or coyotes concentrating on the same barrel. Jim had traded his Contender a few several days prior to the trip (a mistake he's since fixed), so he introduced along a Kimber .22 Hornet capped getting a concise variable scope. Bob was not uncovered to hunting before also it was along becoming an unarmed observer. Ordinary people will have to work more difficult to keep the pot filled with meat.

In Nh in February, the snow is to the eyeballs from the tall man. We'd less this year, but Patrick and Bob introduced along mountaineering skis and a pair of expedition sleds for transporting a lot of the gear. Jim and i also used aluminum-presented snowshoes and transported packs.

It absolutely was late mid-day whenever we showed up at our campground, a sum field over the shore in the now-frozen Ammonoosuc River. Some distance away was Pond of Safety, where a company of Rodger's Rangers had spent the winter months following their famous raid round the St. Francis Indian villages of Canada. This can be country that's created for adventure.

Since I Have understood the location best, another three volunteered to pitch camp when i searched for a couple of snowshoes for supper. Simply because they setup the tent, collected logs and began melting snow for water, I loaded my Contender and needed for the forest.

With darkness settling fast, I possibly could not go far, therefore i made a decision to reduce a circle about 100 yards outdoors the clearing edge. Approaching a downed tree, I caught a flicker of white-colored-colored-on-white-colored-colored movement, also it was ready when the hare bounded immediately. Since the sights aligned round the snowshoe's bobbing tail, I touched the trigger, as well as the hare folded with a stop.

Regrettably, I possibly could not find another snowshoe before the extended mountain twilight switched into full dark. Then one hare wouldn't feed four hungry hikers. And then we required to accept a massive kettle of bear chili I'd packed in. For an additional a couple of days, we resided a existence lots of people only imagine. We'd awake warm and cozy inside the daybreak of beginning. For those who have never rested in the warm mummy sleeping bag around the thick insulating pad on top of snow, you don't understand what comfort is. The snow through your pad progressively conforms for the outline from the body, offering a custom-molded fit around support your weary bones.

Once fully awake, we'd switch on the wood stove, make coffee or tea and hot cereal. Then we'd dress and spend our days wandering the woodlands, individually or possibly in company. Lunch might be transported in the daypack, or we'd return to camp.

Chickadees, red squirrels, blue jays and grouse (the summer season was closed, regrettably) stored us company during the day. Really the only man-made sounds we heard were from jets passing high overhead, or every so often, the far-away whine from the logging skidder.

Also, every so often the forest would echo while using "Pop!" of Patrick's .22, the "Bang!" of Jim's Hornet, or perhaps the "Boom!" of my .410 in our midst would pot a hare. While using shotgun, I'd a little advantage, nevertheless the other guys learned that in case your hare hopped, it frequently stopped inside a few yards prior to running in serious. The hawkeyes I used to be hunting with did not find it difficult recognizing these sitting hares and taking these with stylishly placed mind shots, spoiling no meat whatsoever.

Our very best tactic was the one that hare hunters used for years and years. Used in pairs, one person would undertake likely cover because the other would stand still. After 50 yards, the mover would stop as well as the stander would move. Hares hopped with the moving hunter would frequently circle past the stander.

It snowed somewhat every evening within our stay, giving us a completely new tracking snow every day. In some manner, the hare hunting stored us so preoccupied that individuals never really found time to search coyotes, though we are in a position to hear them howling throughout the night round the ridges above our camp. I believe the Rangers at Pond of Safety heard baby baby wolves howling by themselves winter stay in the area. Maybe we simply felt a lot of kinship with such other hunters of hares to supply them any difficulty.

As with all other search inside the beauty and solitude in the hills types of sleeping bags, that certain ended too quickly. You aren't getting frustrated with small-game hunting once your quarry could be the snowshoe hare. Plus the extended nights with the warmth in the wood stove inside the tent encircled by snow covered forest, we made plans to make it happen again. When snow covers the top country, we'll strap on skis or snowshoes and be off on another hare hunting adventure.
Dernière modification par firosiro le 15 sept. 2017, 10:12, modifié 1 fois.
LongJohnSilver
Maître de chais
Maître de chais

Re: Un autre problème de bouchon

Message non lu par LongJohnSilver »

Dans la mesure où il n'y a pas de flux d'air, est-ce que ça change vraiment grand chose? Sur plusieurs dizaines d'années sûrement mais là?
Schwark
Maître de chais
Maître de chais

Re: Un autre problème de bouchon

Message non lu par Schwark »

LongJohnSilver a écrit :Dans la mesure où il n'y a pas de flux d'air, est-ce que ça change vraiment grand chose?
Oui , le fait que le bouchon puisse tourner sans effort n'induit pas qu'un contact direct significatif soit possible entre le whisky et l'air extérieur...
Répondre

Revenir à « Le monde du whisky »